Thursday, July 25, 2013

Birthday Card with Scalloped Flower & Tutorial

Shop Online Anytime for Stampin' Up! Supplies
Get your NEW! 2013 Stampin' Up! Catalog here!
Latest Stampin' Up! Specials here!
----------------------------------
 It's birthday season in my neck of the woods, so today's card features my favorite birthday Designer Series Paper--Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper--and a new favorite birthday stamp set--Remembering Your Birthday It took minutes to make, and the flower came together quickly with our 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, a brad and some old-fashioned elbow grease.



The Steps (the Scalloped Flower): 
  1. Punch five (5) scallop circles using the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch from Summer Starfruit Cardstock.
  2. Crinkle each scallop upward and inward.
  3. Flatten each one ever so slightly and punch a hole in the center.
  4. Stack and secure all five with a brad and re-crinkle, as needed.
  5. Attach the finished flower to your project with a Glue Dot or two.



TIP:  If you don't want the brad to show, crinkle the top scallop circle onto itself so that it covers the brad.

I had so much fun making this card and love how it turned out!  Let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time, happy crafting!

Lisa


Here are the products I used:

4 comments:

Patti B

Love your card. Thanks for the Scallop Flower Tutorial. I am always looking for new ways to make flowers.

pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

Carrie Vermazen

Love it!

getcraftywithlisa

Hi Patti B, thank you so much! I'm glad that you like the tutorial!

getcraftywithlisa

Hi Carrie V, thank you so very much!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...