Monday, August 12, 2013

Thankful

Happy Monday!  I hope that your weekend was all that you wanted it to be.  As for me, our babysitter and I had a great time on Saturday starting her scrapbook, and I finished all of my swaps for this Saturday's Luv 2 Stamp Meeting.  In case you're wondering what this meeting is all about, it's a quarterly meeting that my wonderful director hosts for her downline.  We always have a great time because we recharge our creative batteries with fresh ideas, win amazing prizes and make some awesome make-and-takes!  

I'll share the card I made for the swap on next Monday.  All I'll say is it's a Christmas card, and I really love it!  I only had to make 22 of them, so that wasn't too bad.  Now, let's get to today's cards.

For today's share, I made two Thanksgiving cards.  While my director was away at Stampin' Up!'s Annual Conference, she let me play with some of her goodies in her absence that I have yet to order.  One of the products I couldn't wait to get my hands on are the adorable Expressions Thinlits Dies. They add such a nice touch to cards and scrapbooking pages.




When I was using these dies, I wasn't aware that the trick to making the paper slide out is using two pieces of wax paper on top of the cardstock instead of doing what I had to do, which was carefully remove them with my Paper-Piercing Tool.  So, if you happen to get a close-up of the word "thankful" on either of these cards, you'll give me a pass.  Regardless, I think they turned out great!




I love how these cards turned out and hope that you like them too.  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, happy crafting!

Lisa
Shop Online Anytime for Stampin' Up! Supplies
Get your NEW! 2013 Stampin' Up! Catalog HERE!
Latest Stampin' Up! Specials HERE!
----------------------------------

InLinkz

2 comments:

Elizabeth Price

Both of your cards are so rich and gorgeous! Smiles, Elizabeth

getcraftywithlisa

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I'm glad that you like these cards. You've made me smile :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...